Daily Archives: April 19, 2017
Bankruptcy is a word mostly used in law. Bankruptcy means a legal status of a person that cannot repay debts it owes to creditors. It is a very embarrassing situation since one does not know how he or she will pay the debts. On the other hand, a bankruptcy attorney is a lawyer that specializes in bankruptcy issues. These lawyers have the knowledge on various types of bankruptcies, filling required documents with the court and issues with the creditors. This process involves litigation when creditors challenge the bankruptcy. A bankruptcy attorney is the one who is certified to help with bankruptcy issues. The issues include representing small businesses for consumers that need bankruptcy debt relief. This can be done in various ways; either completely eradicate debts and contract obligations or rearrange their affairs by making the debt payments suitable for them. Usually, the governments do not support bankruptcy filings as these can give rise to many more bankruptcy cases in the future.
The bankruptcy attorneys help the businesses and even individuals to regain their normal way of functioning. Every bankruptcy attorney works under the following practice areas:
This practice area is also called liquidation proceedings. It is based on chapter seven. In this practice area, a trustee is given the mandate to own and sell the debtor’s assets so that the debt can be settled. What all is sold is the debtor’s non-exempt assets. When this practice is followed, the result is that the creditor ends up not paid all his or her debts.
Reorganization of business and consumer debts
- Chapter eleven. In this chapter, the reorganization of business in this chapter is entitled to corporations and individuals.
- Chapter twelve. In this very chapter, the reorganization of businesses and consumer debts are for family and fishermen. Also corporations and individuals qualify in this.
- Chapter thirteen. Reorganization of business and consumer debts is entitled only to individuals and sole proprietorships.
The Houston bankruptcy attorneys have this practice area as the one enjoyed much. They perform bankruptcy litigation in special types of cases. The following are some of the cases in which they practice bankruptcy litigation.
- Discharge and dischargeability contests; a discharge is a complaint by the creditor asserting that a debtor should be protected from gaining discharge of all his or her debts due to the misconduct by the debtor. A dischargeability contest involves when the creditor says that the debt owed should not be discharged due to the debt status.
- Preference claims; in this, creditors are presented in defense of their claims. Here the claim is asserted to the debtor that payments made to the creditors contain unlawful preferential payments and should be given back to the debtor.
- Home mortgage litigation; both the debtor and the creditor are represented in prosecution of home mortgage. This explains claims that home mortgage debts are inaccurate or they were improperly collected.
In conclusion, a Houston bankruptcy lawyer ensures that the debtors do not suffer from a bankruptcy.
Being a victim of car accidents is no joke. The stress and trauma brought about by the whole ordeal may leave a lasting impact on you or someone you know who happen to be with you during the time of the accident. You know that there are a lot of things you need to do in order to address your problem, but you may find yourself unable to do anything at the moment because you’re still trying to recover from shock and tension. One of the most important things you need to remember is to contact a trustworthy car wreck lawyer Nashville area could provide you, like lawyers from Cummings Manookian PLC. These trial lawyers can help you deal with your case. Here are noteworthy tips on how to deal with car accidents:
- Pull yourself together and check for any urgent medical needs – Depending on the severity of the car accident, you or any person with you may be in urgent need of medical care. It may range from a simple scratch to something as worst as severe bone fracture, which is usually caused by accidents involving large vehicles such as trucks or buses. Make sure to address these needs in the best way possible. Call the emergency hotline or get help from someone you trust who can get to the accident scene as quickly as possible. If you’re in the middle of an accident involving large vehicle like trucks, better call any of the most trusted truck wreck lawyers in Nashville to help you with your case.
- Give your official statement to the police – Don’t leave the scene without reporting the incident to the police. Make sure to give objective statements. It’s also advisable to document the scene by taking pictures of the wreckage and even the injuries sustained during the accident. Be careful in talking with witnesses. If you need to get some information from them, make sure to ask objective questions. Avoid sounding as if you’re desperately seeking their help. Witnesses may or may not help you win your case should you decide to take it to the courts. Needless to say, it’s better for you to speak with any of the skilled Nashville attorneys you can find.
- Communicate effectively with your lawyer – Once you have decided to file a case against the driver who has caused the car accident, see to it that you are communicating effectively with your lawyer. Trial lawyers may be used to handling car accident cases, but they may not be able to do their job excellently if you don’t cooperate fully. Answer questions objectively and accurately. Be ready to submit documents needed to support your case. Remember that trial lawyers are the authorities for these matters, so it’s wise to adhere to the pieces of advice they can potential give.
For Nashville trial lawyers that specialize in car or automobile accidents, you may consult with Cummings Manookian PLC. The lawyers of the Cummings Manookian PLC firm can assist you from the start to the end of your case. Visit their website and send a consultation request.
Check more details below:
Business Name: Cummings Manookian PLC Address: 45 Music Square West, Nashville, TN 37203 Contact Name: Brian Manookian Phone: (615) 266-3333 Mobile Phone: (615) 266-3333 Logo URL: http://www.cmtriallawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/CMLandingLogo.png Tagline: Real Trial Lawyers, Helping Real People Trading Hours: 7am - 7pm Trading Days: Monday - Friday Payment Types: Visa, MC, Amex, Disc, Check Year Founded: 2014